1. Working Hours :-
A session year in the ITI consists of 52 weeks, commences in the first week of August, and ends in the month of July of the subsequent year.
A. The ITIs function in two shifts as per the following timings :
- 1st shift : 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- 2nd shift : 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
B. Total training hours: 42 hours per week :
- Practical : 28 hours per week
- Theoretical Subjects : 10 hours per week
- Sports/ECA/IT Literacy : 04 hours per week
C. Total training hours for NSQF Compliant Syllabus:
- Practical : 25 hours per week
- Theoretical Subjects : 06 hours per week
- Workshop Calculation & Science : 02 hours per week
- Engineering drawing : 03 hours per week
- ES /Extracurricular activities : 02 hours per week
2. Holidays :-
Trainees are allowed to avail the same number of holidays as declared by the Government of Bihar from time to time.
3. Leaves Admissible to Trainees :-
A. Casual leave : Casual leave of 12 days per year subject to a maximum of 10 days at a time.
A. Medical leave : Medical leave of 15 days in case of illness duly supported by medical documents from registered medical practitioner. A further period not exceeding 3 weeks for one-year trade course and 6 weeks for two-year trade courses shall be granted in continuation or in addition to 15 days absence on medical ground.
B. Special leave : Special leave on private affairs shall be allowed to a trainee up to 10 days. However, this limit can be extended to 15 days or 30 days if supported by proper justification and subject to the satisfaction of the Head of the Institute on the basis of genuine reasons. No scholarship will be admissible during the period of special leave to a trainee who is a scholarship holder.
C. Suspensions/Discharge :-
A trainee found guilty of unsatisfactory progress in training, or having less than 80% attendance at any time during the course of training or indulging in acts of indiscipline and misconduct shall be discharged from the institute. If any, investigation of allegations against a trainee suspected to be involved in acts of indiscipline or misconduct are pending, the trainee shall be placed under suspension. However, in the institutes where stipend/scholarship is paid to the trainees, no stipend/scholarship will be paid to a trainee who has been suspended for misconduct.
4. Identity Card :-
Every trainee will be provided with an Identity Card (ID) after seeking admission to the Institute and it is mandatory for every trainee to display the card on person throughout the training period. In the Government ITIs, each trainee will have to pay Rs. 60/- towards issue of ID card at the time of admission. In case of loss of an ID card, a duplicate ID card would be issued on production of
(i) An Affidavit (ii) F.I.R. copy (iii) Latest photograph and (iv) A fee of Rs.100/-
5. Discipline :-
All the admitted candidates are required to strictly abide by the provisions of rules and regulations prescribed by the Director Employment training Bihar/Principal of the Institute as regards to their conduct and discipline and strictly follow the training schedule as per the time-table. The trainee is further required to adhere to the following guidelines:
(a) Trainees are required to wear the institute uniform at all times and the workshop clothing during the practical hours.
(b) Use of mobile phones in the Institute premises including the Workshop and Classroom is banned for trainees and for staff in Classroom and Workshop
6. Instructions for filling up of the Application Form and Acknowledgement Card :-
- Application form carefully.Fill up the Application Form and Acknowledgement Card only after reading the Prospectus and the
- The name of the candidate should be given in full as recorded in the birth certificate and a copy of the birth certificate shall be compulsorily enclosed.
- The candidate should fill up the form in all respects without which it will not be Considered for drawing the merit list.