Course Content :
Importance of safety and general precautions, Importance of lettering, writing of letters and figures sizes, proportion, etc. as per IS code, Geometrical drawing-definition, construction of plain geometrical figures, Principles, representation and construction of different types of scales, Definition and types of projections. Methods of projection as per IS, Principle of Isometric & Axonometric projection, Perspective projection, Building materials, surveying, Box drawing instrument, Field book types - methods of entry of check lines – its importance, Road: Introduction to roads, general principles of alignment, Indian railways – their gauges, Bridge:- introduction to bridge, introduction of water resources, engineering, Flooring. Masonry tools:, Details of different bonding wall and section according to IS, Introduction to theodolite, temporary adjustment of theodolite, Residential building. Principles of planning, Building Estimating, Familiarization with word processing software, CAD commands and use of different menus of CAD , Drafting, layout and printing of drawing, Architectural Desk top and creating modelling, Project work Isometric view, perspective view; Light tracing, copying, valuation of new and old building.
Skill required :
- Use and maintain in good condition- drawing instruments, Plane meter, slide rule, survey instruments, auto level , digital theodolite , total station, GPS, computer & draft software, plotter& printer etc.
- Plan and draw residential buildings from given data.
- Prepare working drawings of all types of buildings from line sketches in CAD
- Plan, draw, and do estimation and costing of civil work, drawing plans by using CAD, Making of 3D models of civil work, Giving lineout at site supervision of civil work etc.
- Prepare proposals for drainages and water supply for a given building including preparation of detailed drawings.
- Plot the longitudinal section and cross-section for any proposed road and calculate the earth work and materials for road work..
- Draw the parts of R.C.C. structures and steel sections and prepare working drawing of R.C.C. structures from given field data.
- Draw from sketches or specifications various types and cross-section of roads culverts, bridges Railways & irrigation structures in CAD.
- Carry out the surveying by using latest equipments.(Auto level, Digital theodolite Total station, GPS.
Options for employment are :
Employment opportunities for trainees from this trade shall be available in Central and State Government Departments as a Draughtsman or Surveyor, Ammonia Printer in Railways, C.P.W.D., Military, TCP, P.D.A., P.W.D. Departments of Irrigation, and Land Survey. In Private sector opportunities shall be as Draughtsman, Construction Supervisor working under Architect, Civil Engineer, and Civil Contractor.
Options for self-employment are :
The Trainees shall be able to independently undertake planning, drawing, estimation & costing and supervision of civil construction work. They can set up his own shop to supply Civil Construction materials.